Organisation of OKDIA
On this page you find:
- A list of the members of the OKDIA Committee, the Technical Committee and the Marketing Committee
- Class Documents like the Constitution and Rules, these documents are moved to rules.okdinghy.org now.
- Boat documents like plans & ISAF plaques.
- Agendas and Minutes of OKDIA meetings below the list of committee members and technical committee.
The annual subscription is GBP 10 per member. Nations with very small membership may request a reduction.
The association is run by two committees, the main committee and a technical committee. The technical committee is informal and does not meet. Its business is carried out by post, fax or E mail. The chairman is an ex-officio member of the main committee.
The main committee is elected at the annual general meeting which is held during the world championship. Officers and members are elected for two years but at the end of their two year period are eligible for re-election.
Technical Committee (ex-officio)
Marketing Committee (ex-officio)
The technical committeeThe most recent list of members of the technical committee is listed on the technical website: rules.okdinghy.org
Governing documents of OKDIA, all technical and rule related information is on the website:
The following publications may be obtained from the International Secretary of OKDIA.
Building Fee Receipts (Including ISAF Hull Plaque): 65 GBP
The Class Rules refer to the Plans, you can get a printout of the plans from the okdia secretary for 15 GBP + post & packing (CURRENTLY OUT OF STOCK).
You can also download them for free here, note that the scan is not the best quality, but all details are readable. The plans are from 1986
These plans are to be used in conjunction with the current class rules that may supersede some of the dimensions and redefine the tolerances.
They are supplied for guidance only and the official aluminium templates take precedence. This is due to the possibility of the drawings distorting during the printing.
Meetings and Agendas
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) is held every year at the World Championship.
In some occasion's there are Special General Meetings at other major events.
- 2018 Agenda of the Annual General Meeting in Warnemünde (PDF, 65 KB)
- 2018 Rule Change Proposals for the AGM in Warnemünde (PDF, 185 KB)
- 2018 Report of the Chairman of the Technical Committee for the AGM in Warnemünde (PDF, 75 KB)
- 2018 Report of the Treasurer about the 2017 accounts for the AGM in Warnemünde (PDF, 104 KB)
- 2018 Proposal from Lyme Regis (GBR) for the 2022 Worlds for the AGM in Warnemünde (PDF, 805 KB)
- 2018 Proposal from Royal Queensland Yacht Squadron (AUS) for the 2022 Worlds for the AGM in Warnemünde (PDF, 1245 KB)
- 2017 Minutes of the Annual General Meeting in Barbados (PDF, 92 KB)
- 2017 Agenda of the Annual General Meeting in Barbados (PDF, 74 KB)
- 2017 Bid document from Arco Sailing Club for the European Championshi 2019 and Worlds 2021 (PDF, 444 KB)
- 2016 Accounts (PDF, 243 KB)
- 2016 Minutes of the Annual General Meeting in St Pierre Quiberon (PDF, 150 KB)
- 2016 Agenda of the Annual General Meeting in Quiberon (PDF, 87 KB)
- Draft for the new Class Rules as of 27. May 2016 (PDF, 958 KB)
- Notes and proposals on the New Class Rules as of 27. May 2016 (PDF, 500 KB)
- Draft v2 of the new Event Manual as of 27. May 2016 (PDF, 77 KB)
- 2015 Minutes of the Annual General Meeting in Puck (PDF, 236 KB)
- 2015 Agenda of the Annual General Meeting in Puck - Corrected 2.6. (PDF, 163 KB)
- 2014 Minutes of the Annual General Meeting in Melbourne (PDF, 103 KB)
- Agenda for the 2014 AGM on 29th December at Black Rock Yacht Club, Melbourne, Australia (PDF, 211 KB)
- Accounts for the year ending 31/12/2013 for the 2014 AGM on 29th December at Black Rock Yacht Club, Melbourne, Australia (PDF, 53 KB)
- Report on the Measurement Symposium held at the 2014 Europeans in Steinhude (PDF, 106 KB)
- Minutes of the SGM on 22. July 2014 in Steinhude - amended by citing the new personal sailnumber rule (PDF, 61 KB)
- OKDIA Statement about the Strategic Roadmap: August 2014 (PDF, 51 KB)
Responses to the strategic roadmap for the SGM in Steinhude/Germany 2014:
from the Australian Association (PDF, 75 KB)
from the New Zealand Association (PDF, 26 KB)
from the USA Association (PDF, 57 KB)
- Technical Report for the 2014 SGM at the European Championships in Germany (PDF, 238 KB)
- Agenda for the 2014 SGM at the European Championships in Germany (PDF, 109 KB)
- Strategic Roadmap proposal paper (PDF, 149 KB)
- 2013 Minutes of the virtual SGM, email, November (PDF, 95 KB)
- 2013 Minutes of the Special General Meeting in Carnac, France (PDF, 123 KB)
- 2013 Agenda for the Special General Meeting in Carnac, France (PDF, 68 KB)
- 2013 Minutes of the Annual General Meeting in Pattaya (PDF, 160 KB)
- 2013 Agenda of the Annual General Meeting in Pattaya (PDF, 90 KB)
- 2012 Minutes of the Annual General Meeting in Vallensbæk (PDF, 361 KB)
- 2011 Minutes of the Annual General Meeting in Largs (PDF, 110 KB)
- 2011 Agenda for the Annual General Meeting in Largs (PDF, 17 KB)
- 2010 Minutes of the Special General Meeting in Medemblik (PDF, 54 KB)
- 2010 Auditor's Report for the Special General Meeting in Medemblik (PDF, 102 KB)
- 2010 Agenda for the Special General Meeting in Medemblik (PDF, 5 KB)
- 2010 Minutes of the AGM in Wellington/New Zealand (PDF, 18 KB)
- 2009 Minutes of the AGM in Kalmar/Sweden (PDF, 38 KB)
- 2008 Minutes of the AGM in Warnemünde/Germany, including Class Rule Changes (PDF, 36 KB)
- 2008 Agenda for the AGM in Warnemünde/Germany, including Class Rule Change (PDF, 196 KB)
- 2007 Minutes of the AGM in Łeba/Poland (PDF, 350 KB)
- 2007 Final Agenda for the AGM in Łeba/Poland, including Class Rule Change (PDF, 158 KB)
- 2007 Proposal for the AGM from Canada (PDF, 36 KB)
- 2007 Proposed Constitution for the Canadian OK Association (PDF, 112 KB)
- 2006 Minutes of the AGM at Belmont / Australia (RTF, 17 KB)
- 2006 Agenda of the AGM at Belmont / Australia (PDF, 33 KB)
- 2005 Some changes to the minutes of the AGM
- 2005 Minutes of the AGM at the World Chamionship (RTF, 66 KB)
- 2005 Agenda of the AGM at the World Chamionship (RTF, 58 KB)
- 2004 Minutes of the AGM at the World Chamionship (PDF, 38 KB)
- 2003 Agenda of the SGM at the European Chamionship (PDF, 93 KB)
- 2003 Agenda of the SGM at the European Chamionship (ZIP - RTF, 5 KB)
Some Comments from New Zealand concerning the 2003 SGM in Warnemünde:
The rule passed at last year's OK Dinghy European Championships has enabled the class to get on with the process of building some new masts with confidence that they will actually be used and evaluated in competition. The weight was agreed upon mostly from the opinion of one mast manufacturer; this mast maker obviously favored his particular construction method. We now know and have proven that there are cheaper alternative processes by which rigs can be produced. Now that some carbon OK masts have been produced from several manufacturers, we know that 8 kilograms is too heavy and actually increases the cost, rather than containing as we all originally thought. We should rectify that problem immediately.
To follow the example set by the Finn class would be a mistake. Finns are a lot heavier and take a lot more power to drive them. This requires a heavier mast. The dynamic loads on an OK rig are far less than that of a Finn; the structure is far more efficient from an engineering point of view because it is further from being a wing. Therefore there is less need for it to weigh as much as 8 kg for strength purposes. Old Finn masts can still be used with only a minor weight disadvantage, similar to the extra weight of a needlespar over the current minimum.
- 2003 Minutes of the AGM of OKDIA held in Goa, India on April 1 (PDF, 92 KB)
- 2003 Agenda of the AGM in Goa / India
- 2002 Special General Meeting minutes at the Euro Cup in Medemblik / Netherlands
- 2002 Special General Meeting Agenda. Including the two mast rule proposals (PDF, 10 KB)
- 2002 Minutes of the AGM in Napier, New Zealand (PDF, 6 KB)
- 2002 Agenda of the AGM in Napier, New Zealand